I won't write you pretty words, filled with ocean metaphors, and similes comparing your eyes to the stars that twinkle in the sky. I can't tell you lies, my darling. I can't write those pretty, yet meaningless words that tell you how much you mean to me. They've been said far too often, repeated on and on, consistently, invariably, so they mean absolutely nothing anymore. I can't tell you that our love is deeper than the ocean, that our love could encompass the globe. I can't tell you that your eyes shine as brightly as the stars scattered across the black satin of the sky. I can't tell you that I would trade in the world just to make you mine. I won't tell you lies, my darling. I won't listen to pretty love songs,their melodies soft and sensitive,their words meaningful,and filled with secret heartache. I can't listen to lies, my darling.Although the songs all sound like they're about love, they never are. Their words are filled with nauseating sentimentality that I could never stomach. And yet they are all lies. They're all waiting timidly around the corner, waiting for their one true love to walk out the door so they can write a song about heartbreak and heartache. They are just wistful ballads about what could have been, what might be and they will never compare to the truth of the matter: love is forever. I won't listen to lies, my darling. I won't be a simpering girlwho only longs for a man to love,who needs you to protect herand who insists she isn't whole without youI can't live a lie, my darling. I can't tell you that I am nothing without you, because I am something. I am me, and I have been me even before I met you. You being you and being with me will never change that fact. I don't need you to protect me because what will I do when you're gone? I have to protect myself, and keep my heart intact. I may sound cold, and like I really don't love you, but believe me I do. I just don't love you like a cliche. I love you in a way that is real. You are everything to me, but I'll live on after you are gone. You aren't the moon and stars, because I can see you right here with me. You aren't an ocean, because you are so much more than a simple body of water. You are you, and I am me... and that is all we need.

I won't live a lie, my darling.

Sem comentários: